Every so often I troll the news sites for interesting and entertaining stories. Here’s the latest crop:
- Congo pygmies go high-tech to protect their home – Fabulous idea, and I hope it actually works in the long run.
- Amorous couple causes 5-car pileup in Malaysia – Well, that’s what happens when you use civil power to enforce religious laws…
- Doctors find toothbrush in woman’s nose – First of all, it’s only half a toothbrush, but really – how did this lady miss that?
- Couple swarmed by SWAT team after 911 “hack” – and naturally, when they found the kid who made the call, he got in big trouble. How in the world did this seem like a good idea to this kid? Hasn’t he watched all those movies where the NSA finds you No Matter What? You sicced a SWAT team on a couple with two toddlers and you expect people to just laugh and go on?? Oy.
- Suspect says he killed, didn’t eat, his girlfriend – OH! Well, then it’s all okay.
In personal news, I’ve got a space heater under my desk at work now, which is fabulous because i was COLD yesterday. And the writing seems to be picking up somewhat, which is always nice.