Now that I’m back in the land of wifi, it’s time for at least a quick update.
- Had a great time in Ohio with friends and family. My nephew William is just as much of a charmer as I thought, and I’m especially glad I got to meet him. Oh, and my brother got the job! Woohoo!
- Our neighbors moved while I was gone and were getting rid of some furniture, and Matt also found some sturdy decent-looking bookshelves in the trash area, so I came home to a new look. We’ll need to do a bit of rearranging, but I like it a lot and this means we don’t have such an urgent need for shelf space, which is really wonderful.
- Had a great meeting with my mentor (who just won two Bram Stoker Awards – woohoo Gary!) while I was in Columbus, and I’m feeling good about the manuscript, which is always nice.
- My flight got delayed two hours yesterday, but I had a book to read so it wasn’t that bad.
- I took four books to Ohio, and brought 15 back. Woohoo! Only paid for one of the new ones, a translation of an illustrated 15th century German guide to combat, including dirty rotten tricks. I’m very excited about that one.
- It’s great to be home.