All those things I said we’d get done on Friday night? Yeah, not one of them actually got done. They’re all done now, but they weren’t done “on schedule”. But when am I ever right about the schedule?

The washer and dryer are now in the house and working, even though we had to go buy another power cord for the dryer. Who in the world decided that some dryers should have a three-prong plug and others should have a four-prong one, AND THEY COULD BE COMPLETELY INTERCHANGEABLE? No, really. We got the dryer into the house and realized its plug had four prongs, while the socket only had three. I set off to Home Depot to get an adapter or something, and the guy there says, “Yep, no need to do anything except detach the one you have and use this one instead,” and he handed me a $15 power cord. What in the world is that about??? Why can’t we all be friends and use the same plugs?? It’s not even like one company decided to get all uppity and pioneer their own, because they’re all totally interchangeable. They had extras of both types of plug to attach to your dryer of choice. I think it’s a conspiracy because They know we just got rid of a bunch of stuff we never use, and now They want us to restock! Also, They want our money, even if it’s $15 at a time.

Needless to say, we’re hanging onto our four-prong dryer cord just in case where ever we move next has that variety again. What is the world coming to??

At any rate, I’ve finally begun to make a small dent in the pile of laundry we’ve been amassing. More of that will come in the morning.

Pictures have been hung around the house, complete with strategic gaps to keep reminding me that I have picture frames I really need to fill and hang, and I should do that sooner rather than later. So far, it hasn’t been successful, but I’ve been thinking about following through, which is significant progress over the last year or so.

We still do not have the butter dish. (We do, however, have butter. Never fear.)

The vacuum is still at the old apartment. Our floors here are really dirty and I’m trying not to notice.

We got rid of about 100 books last week, and only acquired four in the meantime.

I need to go through about three stacks of mail.

Matt has his Hebrew final tomorrow.

I’ve ruined three batches of candy so far, one a double-batch. I think the thermometer I’ve used in the past is broken, so the first two were lightly burned and the third was undercooked because I pulled it early out of paranoia. In theory, I’ll be trying again in the morning, but I don’t know if I’ll rally that fast after three crushing defeats in such a short time. I’ve got a lot of people to make toffee for, and the last thing I need to be doing is wasting time and ingredients.

I’m really tempted to spend the morning “working” at the local coffee shop, but I have a feeling I’ll just be trying to escape the work I need to do around the house and I won’t actually get anything done there, either. We’ll see how I feel about it in the morning.

I still need to finish those quilts I was working on a few weeks ago. They’re close, but not done yet.

Packing up and then unpacking (for the third time) all the materials I gathered and saved for our wedding scrapbook has brought it to my attention that it has been three and a half years, and still there is no wedding scrapbook anywhere on the horizon. Don’t even try to tell me you’re a better procrastinator than I am. Don’t even try.

I’m wicked tired, so I’m turning in a bit earlier than usual. Ta ta!